Eight students from various schools across Queensland have been awarded the 2020 Premier’s Anzac Prize which will see them travel across Europe and the UK in April, 2020 to visit significant World War I sites. The students were:
- Benjamin Ivers: Proserpine State High School
- Claire Wingfield: Bribie Island State High School
- Jackson Hay: Fraser Coast Anglican College (Wondunna)
- Molly Jeffery: Pimlico State High School
- Natalia Loukas: St Monica’s College (Cairns)
- Khyja Miller: All Saints Anglican School (Merrimac)
- Louis Prager: Matthew Flinders Anglican College (Buderim)
- Xeniya Girs’ka: Kirwan State High School
In order to receive the prize, students were required to apply with an academic work addressing one of three possible topics. Students selected will now participate in various activities to prepare them for the trip by studying the history of certain people, locations and events.
At the conclusion of the trip, students are encouraged to lead their communities and peers in commemorating what they learned and will work to produce a multimedia piece reflecting on their trip.
Read the full article HERE.
Photo credit: Screenshot from QLD Department of Education video.